The three icons I chose are Michael Jackson, Britney Spears,
and Brad Pitt. Each of these icons are well known in the music and acting
industry. Michael Jackson aka “the king of pop” got his start with his siblings
in the music group The Jackson 5. He
then rose out as a solo artist with multiple musical hits including Thriller and Billie Jean. He has won 13 Grammys. Britney Spears was a pop
sensation at the age of 16 with hits like Baby
One More Time and Oops...I Did It Again.
She has also been nominated for many Grammys and is famously known for a very
public breakdown when she shaved her head. Brad Pitt is an actor who has won multiple
Academy Awards and Golden Globes. He made headlines while filming Mr. and Mrs.
Smith when he left his wife Jennifer Aniston for Angelina Jolie.
I chose these three icons because I think they are very well
known to the public and have each done things to make major controversial
headlines. Michael Jackson made headlines from his constant plastic surgery, to
child pedophilia case, and his untimely death. Britney Spears made headlines as
a young pop star wearing provocative clothes, her shaving her head and public
divorce and custody battle with her former background dancer. Brad Pitt made
headlines with his controversial affair with Angelina Jolie and his adoption of
children from 3rd world countries.
Personally these icons don’t mean much to me, but to America
and people of the Hollywood industry they mean much more. They have each made
many controversial headlines, but America still loves them and they still thrive
in the industry. They have each proven to be successful artists and actors. No
matter what their choices are America still buys into what they do.



The three individuals that you have chosen are popular for their success in music and/or acting and for their missteps in their personal lives. Some american become to obsessed with our music and movie icons and forget that they are people too. People that are vulnerable to mistakes. People that are of good and bad character. I think that Britney Spears, Michael Jackson and Brad Pitt were excellent examples of icons. I really enjoyed reading your icon analysis.
ReplyDelete