Saturday, September 24, 2016

Final Analysis

Written Analysis
When considering what theories worked best for my popular culture topic of opinions of Hillary Clinton, this was difficult as I think you can make any of these theories blend with any popular culture topic. Two of the theories that I think overall worked the best though, were rituals and stereotypes and formulas. I think rituals and stereotypes worked really well because many people have a lot of stereotypes about Hillary Clinton and a stereotype is a formed opinion. I think formulas worked really well also, because a formula is what someone does to form an opinion of someone.
I think most interesting from my findings about rituals and stereotypes are that people willing to create a stereotype about anything to create ill feelings towards a person. As I wrote in my rituals and stereotypes analysis, stereotypes are often far stretched and usually serve a purpose. Considering Clinton is a political figure many people don’t like her and will create lies or think of stereotypes to make someone look badly. The one I talked about was how people thought because Clinton is a woman she doesn’t have what it takes or the health to be President of the United States. These are often far stretch as sometimes opinions are.
I will probably think about my popular culture topic the same. I am pro Hillary Clinton so, I am biased and will most likely work to reflect her in a positive light. This class has made me more aware of all that goes into popular culture and what popular culture really is. I had an idea, but it is really so much more. I think I will be more aware and really know what is considered popular culture.


No comments:

Post a Comment