Sunday, September 11, 2016

Written Analysis 3

Written Analysis 
            As a very publicized society we all know who celebrities are. They are a very public crowd that make the news, magazine covers, we follow them on social media, and much more. A hero is more difficult to define because each person’s idea of a hero and who they see as a hero is different. While I do not personally see Hillary Clinton as a celebrity or hero, others opinions of Clinton may be fitting for her as a celebrity or hero.
            While Clinton is not a movie star or Grammy Award winning music artist, some could say she is still a celebrity or has enough characteristics of one that she can be classified as one. We see celebrities on the news, we see celebrities on magazine covers, they have large social media followings, and everyone can pick them out in a crowd. These would be just a few things that could classify Hillary Clinton as a celebrity. Politicians and celebrities have a lot in common, but typically a different purpose in life when it comes to their careers.
            What makes someone a hero I think is very much a personal opinion. Some qualities I think are key to being a hero are being some sort of an underdog, not seeking of fame, acting selflessly, and helping others. For me a hero is someone I look up to, that has in some way guided me in choices I have made in life. In my opinion Clinton is not a hero, but I could understand others options of seeing her as such. Clinton, was a senator for the state of New York during the 9/11 attacks, and while I think the heroes in this situation were the first responders, and victims who fought for their lives and to help others, Clinton could be seen as a hero for this. Lauren Manning a businesswoman who was severely injured during the attacks, said this of Clinton, “Hillary Clinton stood with me during that fight and in the darkest of days an in the hardest of times the ones who show up mean everything,” (Joseph, 2016, p. 1).
            There are a couple of insights to gain from applying these theories. Everyone’s opinion is different and that is okay. Looking at heroes and celebrities allows for us gain a different perspective and see something we may not have seen or understood before.



References
Joseph, C. (2016, July 26). 9/11 survivors applaud Hillary Clinton at DNC for her support. Retrieved September 11, 2016, from http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/9-11-survivors-applaud-hillary-clinton-dnc-supportive-article-1.2727482


No comments:

Post a Comment